Wednesday, December 23, 2009



Merry Christmas Everyone! I hope this finds you in good health and much happiness.

Well here we are again except now we have a two year old. How did this happen? We were thinking about taking out Hazel's pituitary glands so she would stay the same but I think we waited too long and now we have passed the point of no return. She is two and very good at it. I believe the "Terrible Twos" isn't a bad thing it's just the convergence of two things at once. First, her developmental skills and dexterity have come together and her brain acts as a sponge exploring all the new things she can now do. The second thing is for the last two years her parents have gone without sleep and are very tired. Those two things come crashing together and there is little wonder who will win the battles.

I'll start with my favorite topic, me of course. I have successfully been able to avoid employment for another year but I believe when I was manging 150 people who spoke little English, over three states and managing a $5 mil a year budget was easier than being a stay at home dad. If I had one thing to say about being a SAHD it would be.... I love it. I am getting fat but I love it. Coming up with challenging things for Hazel is becoming more difficult since she has surpassed my intelligence and is closing in on her mother.

Melissa has been in the busy time of year at work. It generally starts around January 1st and runs through Dec 31. But the rest of the time she just sits on her butt and screws off. This year was no different. If you looked up the meaning of "Working Mom" in the dictionary you'd see a picture of Melissa. She never ceases to amaze me with her ability to keep me happy, work 26
hours a day and find time to be a great mother. I don't know how she does it but she does and does it very well.

Where do I start with Hazel? It's strange that half of her life is only 1 year but she has packed more into that one year than I have in the past 20 years of mine. It's just plain amazing the things she has done and continues to do in spite of who takes care of her each day.

I have gotten her to use 80's slang.



Once I got the back yard in she became an experienced moto cross racer.


Visited the beach a few times.

Experienced the daily struggles and discrimination of the average Dutch person.


Had to wear a ridiculous poncho her dad made for her.

Came in third place for the Heisman.
Passed her survival swim (jumped in the pool fully clothed, and floated for 5 minutes without any help).
Turned two!


Picked out a the perfect Christmas Tree.
And met Santa. Mom's cleavage is hanging out, Dad's bald spot was mistaken for a solar flare from the flash and Hazel was very excited to see Santa..... until she saw Santa.


We did lose of good friend of many years. Rocky passed away earlier this month. He was a good friend and we will miss him very much. I farted in the car the other day and it smelled like his breath, it made me miss him all the more.


I am looking forward to next year. It should be a good year for us. The back yard will have a bit more time to grow grass. We are planning a trip or two and possibly a quick trip to Europe. I can't wait to see what gets thrown our way. Team Hazel is ready.
I hope to see you all next year and I hope the world is kind to you and all your loved ones.

You can keep up on youtube if you like also.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go ... wish I could have seen all of the pictures...but..I guess I was being greedy. Give the wife and babe a hug for me.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete